Leukemia is a type of disorder of the hematopoietic stem cell creation system which is also a fairly malignant disease. Abnormalities of the ability to further differentiation and maturation of leukocytes stagnant at different developmental stages cells in the bone marrow and other hematopoietic tissues. The numbers of abnormal cell accumulation and infiltration of other organs and tissues, and normal hematopoietic function suppression. Leukemia generally cause anemia, bleeding infection, and symptoms of infiltration in the organs.
How high rates of leukemia?
Leukemia or blood cancer rate occupied 2.5% of the total cancer existing cancer. Around the world, each year there are about 47,150 people who are diagnosed as suffering from leukemia. And every year anyway, there are approximately 23 540 people died of leukemia cases. On childhood cancer, leukemia risk would generally high at the age of 0-4 years, and in men and women comparison rate is 7: 5.
Types of leukemia are the most common?
Based on morphological characteristics and cell source, leukemia can be divided into categories - categories as follows:
Acute myeloid 1.leukemia: a type of white blood cell proliferation of abnormal myeloid leukemia. Acute myeloid leukemia is characterized by the rapid proliferation of abnormal cells in the bone marrow and affect the growth of normal blood cells other.
Chronic myeloid 2.Leukemia: that is clones disease in hematopoietic stem cell proliferation, which also has the proliferation of bone marrow, blood leukocytosis generally will multiply and have an enlarged spleen, symptoms of these symptoms are a major feature of chronic myeloid leukemia.
Acute lymphoblastic 3.Leukemia: is impaired in lymphoblastoid cell hyperplasia and abnormalities in lymphoblastoid cell formation or differentiation of a large number of mature white blood cells in the block, which is a leukemia that could thrive.
Chronic lymphocytic 4.Leukemia: This type of leukemia is a malignant tumor that affects lymphocytes, chronic lymphocytic leukemia characterized by a large number of immature lymphocytes cell aggregation, inhibit normal hematopoietic bone marrow.
What causes leukemia?
Although many factors are suspected to be the cause of leukemia, but the cause of leukemia has not been established fully. Causes of leukemia generally be due to infection, radiation factors, chemical factors and genetic factors.
Anything that is a symptom of leukemia?
- Anemia: that seems clear is colored pale face, dizziness, palpitations, etc ...
- Fever: fever or heat that sometimes arise sometimes improved, body temperature is usually around 37.5 to 40 ℃ or even higher.
- Bleeding: bleeding usually occurs in several parts of the body, such as the nasal cavity, oral cavity, gums, and other parts.
- Gland lymph nodes: enlarged lymph nodes throughout the body, more commonly found in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Enlargement liver and spleen: 50% of leukemia patients generally have an enlarged liver and spleen, but most often encountered in patients with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Infection nervous system: arachnoid, meninges (lining of the brain) etc. leukocyte infiltration, resulting in increased intracranial pressure and limb paralysis.
- symptom: When infiltrating cancer cells to other parts of the respiratory, digestive, and urogenital systems will be exposed to pleural effusion, and symptoms of gastrointestinal dysfunction and proteinuria.
Leukemia can be diagnosed using any means?
- Examination blood lab: a little blood taken from the finger or earlobe, checks the number of red blood cells (hemoglobin), white blood cells (leukocytes), and platelets, and leukocyte count as well separation.
- Pap peripheral blood: blood smear results would indicate a change in the number of germ cells of the bone marrow, these cells are immature white blood cells.
- Examination GMP: taking blood samples from bone marrow, and then performed cell count.
By way of treatment for leukemia is to be done?
How to keep food
- Expand consumption of high protein and high calorie.
- Expand consumption of foods high in fiber.
- Expand consumption of foods rich in iron.
How to maintain lifestyle
- Drink medication regularly, regularly went to the hospital.
- Create good lifestyle habits.
- Antidotal infection, with keeping the house clean.
- Avoid germs from utensils and food, pay attention to hygiene and food safety.
- Treatment of leukemia
Leukemia treatment should be tailored to the type of leukemia, among others, could with chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immuno therapy, centralized drug consumption and the use of herbs. For patients with severe leukemia, required the implantation of bone marrow.
Treatment of leukemia is the most superior
General part, from cancer surgeon, pathologist, radiation oncologists, oncologists minimally invasive, nurses and translators, leukemia treatment program tailored to the patient in consultation with experts to create maximum treatment methods.